- Red Shield Appeal 2015 – Give Generously
The Red Shield Appeal is The Salvation Army’s primary annual fundraising drive and this year marks 50 years of the doorknock in Australia. The Red Shield Appeal Doorknock takes place on the weekend of 30th-31st May 2015, and it offers Australians from all walks of life a chance to not only get behind the Salvos but to be part of transforming the lives of people right around the country.
- Come & Have Fun at the Fire Station Open Day
Firefighters are encouraging the people of NSW to visit their local fire station for the Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) annual Open Day on Saturday, 30 May.
- Ingham Institute OCAGI Family Fun Day A Big Success
The inaugural Ingham Institute OCAGI Family Fun Day was a major success and raised over $5000 for vital cancer research.
- National Simultaneous Storytime 2015
Fairfield Libraries are hosting event to celebrate and highlight Library and Information Week 2015.
- Young People Clean Up While Learning New Skills
Young people clean up local lakes while learning new skills.
- Come Along At Ingham Institute & OCAGI Family Fun Day
Jumping castles, petting zoo, face painting and market stalls to feature to help fight Australia’s biggest killer. It’s all happening at Menangle House on Sunday 24 May.
- Macquarie Malls’ Cenotaph Is Safe But Fountain Will Go
Macquarie Mall will be stripped of its pop-art fountain and cleared to make way for night-time traffic under radical plans to improve the city centre.
- National Walk Safely To School Day 2015
Walk Safely to School Day (WSTSD) is an annual, national event when all Primary School children will be encouraged to walk and commute safely to school. It is a Community Event seeking to promote Road Safety, Health, Public Transport and the Environment. It will be held throughout Australia on Friday 22 May 2015.
- Girl Guides To Celebrate National Biscuit Day
The annual Girl Guides biscuit campaign has just launched, and thousands of Guides across the country have embraced the opportunity to grow their skills in business and finance by selling the iconic biscuits.
- Lots on at Liverpool’s libraries this May and June
Check out all exciting activities happening at Liverpool’s libraries!
- Work Starts On Multi-Million Dollar Carnes Hill Project
Mayor Ned Mannoun turned the first sod on April 28, to signal the start of construction of a sports facility, recreation park and library in Carnes Hill.
- Liverpool Live at Macquarie Mall
More fun activities every Friday and Saturday nights. There will be live bands, games and open-air cinema as Liverpool Council bring Macquarie Mall to life in May!
- Behind The Gate Exhibition
The exhibition is on until Saturday, June 6. Make sure not to miss it! The Behind the Gate exhibition will explore the daily life of the internees and camp guards through a collection of images and ephemera from this period in Australian history.
- Programming Vacancies
We have some new program coming on air and some program vacancies for interested members.
- Get your flu shot before the flu gets you
Get your annual influenza shot, with a new, improved vaccine available.